It can’t be stressed enough how much the Customer Experience matters when it comes to Software Licensing.
We constantly talk with companies who have seen up to 60% of their Support Tickets be down to Licensing issues, difficulties and misunderstandings. ALL of these represent frustrated customers - you want happy customers not frustrated ones, right?
Ask: What takes end users more than 10 seconds today?
- Does an end user have to perform licensing tasks all over again when license rights change due to a renewal of a subscription, purchase of add-on features or additional seats?
- Do they have to take a license file and stick it in an obscure location in the file system?
- Are customers having to be pointlessly exposed to complicated and arcane concepts — MAC addresses, “Host IDs” or server names?
Ask: What advantages does the latest licensing technology bring?
- Does it support friction-free licensing that gets you and your customers up and running quickly?
- Will it eliminate users dealing with excessive details and confusing jargon?
- Will it enable you to build customer-centric licensing focused on a great end user experience?
- Does it make it far easier for customers to upgrade, renew, rehost and view their entitlements, resulting in less customer support overhead and higher customer satisfaction?
Ask: How easy would it be to migrate to a new system?
- How does a new solution support mass migration of your existing entitlements?
- Is silent activation functionality offered so a change requires “zero touch” for customers?
- Does the vendor have success with transitioning clients from legacy environments to a new system?
Grab yourself the Customer-Centric Guide to Licensing for Software Vendors and read more about these kinds of considerations and how to solve them once and for all!