The act of requesting a license from a common pool of licenses shared by a group of potential users. Once the license is checked out, it is unavailable to other potential users until returned by the application upon exit, or until the license times out. Typically there is a maximum number of concurrent licenses that can be checked out at any point, and therefore the request to check out a license may be denied if this situation occurs (denial of service).
See also Floating Licensing, Check In, High Water Mark, Overdraft License and Denial Of Service
Protect your intellectual property and lower your costs
while giving users a great experience
• Multi-platform - Windows, Mac, Linux, ARM, Android and all related IDEs
• All servers located here in the USA
• 10+ Years Pedigree in Software Security
• Easy to retro-fit to your Software and get shipping
• Private Cloud saves you $10,000’s of infrastructure costs
You’re in safe hands!
1000s of the world's leading software manufacturers rely on us 24x7x365