A Software License Model that allows an End-User to pay for an application or device based on actual usage of that product. Consumption Based Licensing often implies the user pays a certain amount in advance and then draws down against the pre-payment based on their use (“consumption”) of the application. Consumption may be defined in terms of hours or days of use, or some other application-specific metric (such as the number of simulations run, etc.) Use of different features within the application may result in varying drawdowns against the pre-paid amount (for example, Feature A may cost X per use and Feature B may cost Y per use, etc.) Once the pre-paid amount has been exhausted the application may no longer function until the account has been topped up again (depending on vendor policy).
See also Metering
Protect your intellectual property and lower your costs
while giving users a great experience
• Multi-platform - Windows, Mac, Linux, ARM, Android and all related IDEs
• All servers located here in the USA
• 10+ Years Pedigree in Software Security
• Easy to retro-fit to your Software and get shipping
• Private Cloud saves you $10,000’s of infrastructure costs
You’re in safe hands!
1000s of the world's leading software manufacturers rely on us 24x7x365